- what kinds of information we may gather about you
- how we may use that information
- whether we disclose it to anyone, and
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
Types of Information
Collection of Personal Information
During your use of burnsbog.org, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information. If you choose not to provide certain personal information, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
Use of Personal Information
Burns Bog Conservation Society will use your personal information for the following purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
- to contact and correspond with you regarding the services requested by you;
- to bill you for the services requested by you;
- to administer your account;
- to administer your domain name registration;
- to otherwise provide to you services requested by you;
- to individualize your experience on our website;
- to be able to selectively send you communications that may be of interest to you.
Burns Bog Conservation Society may send to you email or other communications containing information about Burns Bog Conservation Society and other matters that may interest you. At any time you may ask Burns Bog Conservation Society to stop sending you email and other information by contacting our Privacy Officer at (604) 572.0373; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by postal mail to "Privacy Officer", Burns Bog Conservation Society, Unit #4 – 7953 120th Street, Delta, BC, Canada V4C 6P6. Also, each email burnsbog.org sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Burns Bog Conservation Society may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
- Affiliates, Agents and Suppliers. Burns Bog Conservation Society may disclose your personal information to its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers, for use in connection with matters relating to your use of our website or the provision of services or information that have been specifically requested by you.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure. Burns Bog Conservation Society may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Burns Bog Conservation Society has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel.
- Payment Processing. Burns Bog Conservation Society has partnered with Stripe to implement payment processing for our online store. This technology uses 128-bit SSL encryption and does not store your payment information on our servers. All processing is handled by Stripe, a company with PCI level 1 compliance certification, the highest level of security certification available.
Use of IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. Burns Bog Conservation Society may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregated information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our website.
Responses to Email Inquiries
When visitors or customers send email inquiries to Burns Bog Conservation Society, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. Burns Bog Conservation Society does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
Use of “Cookies”
Links to Other Sites
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. Burns Bog Conservation Society recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online.
Use of Information
Securing your Information
Accessing Your Information
You may request access to your personal information and information about Burns Bog Conservation Society’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting our Privacy Officer at (604) 572.0373; by email at email@example.com; or by postal mail to "Privacy Officer", Burns Bog Conservation Society, Unit #4 – 7953 120th Street, Delta, BC, Canada V4C 6P6. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations
prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate.